Admission to Army Public School is strictly on priority depending on the number of vacancies in each class. Registration from and prospectus for Army Personnel and Civilians are available in the school office.
- Admission for Priority I (P-I) and Priority II (P-II) classes is open throughout the year.
- Admission to other categories is given depending on availability of vacancies and result of the Admission test.
- Admission test will also be conducted for P-I category and those students who have scored less than 40% marks in the previous school.
The priorities for admission are as follows:
- All Army personnel posted to Ranchi shall remain Priority I, irrespective of time / stage of seeking admission, provided their wards are not already admitted in any other school in Ranchi.
- Widows of Army Personnel who move to Ranchi within one year of demise of their husband.
- Disabled Army Personnel settled in Ranchi and whose wards are not already admitted in any school in Ranchi.
- Army personnel posted to Ranchi who admits their wards in schools located close to their place of residence, subsequently applying for change on allotment of accommodation in an area of responsibility of HQ 23 Inf Div.
- Retiring Army personnel, who intend to settle in Ranchi, provided their wards are studying in APS at the last duty station.
- Army personnel posted in field / operational areas / non-family stations who select Ranchi as their place of residence, irrespective of the fact whether the wards are studying elsewhere.
- Serving Army personnel posted in Ranchi / outside Ranchi desirous to change of school for their wards.
- Ex-Army personnel in receipt of pension including Army personnel who retire during mid-session and settle in Ranchi.
- Army personnel who have been released and not in receipt of pension or from Air force or Navy.